With the advancing age and increased activity level of the Baby Boomers, the orthopedic specialty is fast becoming one of the most demanding surgical areas. Orthopedics deals with a variety of injuries, disorders and diseases of the musculoskeletal system including bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles and nerves.
The majority of Foundation Surgical Hospital orthopedic physicians are members of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and among them, they offer some impressive credentials including:
- An orthopedic surgeon who does more uni-compartmental knee replacements than any other surgeon in the state of Texas.
- One of five surgeons in South Texas trained to revascularize the femoral head/hip; attracting patients from all over the U.S.
- A surgeon selected for a highly-specialized hand fellowship using the Tornier system for distal/radial and ulnar fractures of the forearm
- One of our Orthopedic Physicians is the team physician for the San Antonio Spurs, Silverstars, and Rampage.
In addition to the latest in OR technology including high definition monitors for the ultimate visual clarity and precision, we have navigational systems that ensures precise fit of implanted components during total joint procedures.
Orthopedic surgery procedures performed at Foundation Surgical Hospital include:
- Bankhart procedure
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Total and partial joint replacement
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Total knee replacement (cementable/cementless)
- Partial knee resurfacing
- Major arthoplasty, including total replacement of knee joint, hip joint
- Removal of ganglion (palm or wrist; flexor sheath)
- Total hip replacement
- Forearm fractures
In-Patient Physical Therapy & Continuous Passive Motion (CPM) Treatment
To make our patients’ recovery as successful and convenient as possible, we provide in-patient physical therapy by contracted licensed physical therapists as well as post-operative CPM treatments closely monitored by our attentive and highly-trained nursing staff.
For more information on Orthopedic Surgery click here to select one of our Orthopedic Surgery Specialists.